COVID-19 - We are here for you!
In the last weeks, the COVID-19 virus has resulted in an unprecedented upheaval to our daily lives. We would like to assure you that even in these difficult and unpredictable times we are still here for you and are committed to supporting you our customers with advice, service and spare-parts. We are also taking all necessary and recommended steps to prevent and slow-down the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to protect our employees, their families, our customers and our suppliers.
After a government-ordered shut-down of China at the beginning of the year, have now been able to restart operations there in February and we are beginning to return to business as usual in Asia. Currently, our subsidiaries in Italy and India are shut on government orders. However, service and spare-parts are still up-and-running in these locations and our employees are continuing to work from home. In France, Switzerland and Germany it seems like the pandemic has not yet reached its peak and we are expecting further measures to be put in place.
So far, the motan group has one confirmed case of infection with COVID-19 within the motan group. We already have a number of measures in place to keep people healthy while remaining operational. However, it is important to continue to protect yourselves and others. We are keeping a close eye on the developments and are constantly checking if additional measures are necessary.
Service & Deliveries – Helping you to keep running
The motan group is committed to being here for you during this difficult and unpredictable time. We would like to assure our customers and employees that we are doing everything in our power to keep business running as normally as possible. We have strategies in place to deal with the current situation and will be reassessing and adjusting these as we react to any possible changes and developments.
So far, we will continue to do our best to keep deliveries running. There are currently no major delays to delivery times. However, this situation can change quite quickly in the event that one of our own production sites or that of a supplier has to shut due to the COVID-19 virus. We will do our best to minimise any inconvenience this may cause and will continue to keep you updated here regarding any delays in delivery.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch! Please see our service hotlines here.
We provide important information & measures about COVID-19 to our employees & sales partners in SUPPORTnet. Go to SUPPORTnet.
|Will our delivery capacity be jeopardised if part of the workforce falls ill?|| No, because:
- We have a decentralised structure that is well networked.
- We have several production centres open worldwide that produce motan products in proven quality. Our largest operations in Germany and China are open, only India is currently closed.
- We are protecting our employees where needed through either home-office or shift working.
- We have group-wide solutions from different geographic locations for the supply of spare-parts.
|Will our motan quality be at risk?|| No, because:
- Our suppliers remain unchanged.
- We have proven & established motan quality management processes in production and service.
- Our employee know-how is retained.
|Is the ability to deliver from upstream suppliers at risk?|| At present no, because:
- Our decentralised structures help with the supply of production parts.
- We have a central, transparent management of replacement parts in place within the motan group.
- We have a continuous process to optimise and improve the supply chain, which is dynamically adapted to the current situation.
Note: The currently good parts availability can change dynamically due to external influences. We will regularly keep you informed about changes in delivery times.
|Is service availability still guaranteed?|| Yes, wherever possible*, because:
- We are still there for our customers. At present there are no restrictions regarding service.
- There are possibilities available for remote maintenance service of the plants.
- We are still available for all our customers and partners by our service hotlines worldwide.
*availability of service depends on government and customer’s company regulations